Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Design Team Reveal!

Alright its time for my second design team reveal over at Two Scrapbook Friends. This time around I got "Everyday Eclectic" from Echo Park!  I absolutely love Echo Park! They are one of my favourite manufactures in the scrapbook world.  There papers are so easy to work with and are very much my style. I love how much the colours stood out when I saw this line online and couldn't wait to work with it once I received it as my kit.


I loved all the patterns on the paper because of how vibrant the colours were but was kind of nervous to see what pictures I was going to be able to use with the line.


I found that craft paper worked really well while creating with this paper. Below was one of my favourite patterns in the line! I just love the clouds!


I also loved the honey comb paper. As soon as I saw this patterned paper in the collection I knew I had to do something and cut the pattern out.


Echo Park is probably one of my favourites because of the sticker sheets that they come out with! They are always so full of things and for a very good price. I have an obsession with alphabet stickers when I am scrapbooking. I have alphabet stickers in probably every single colour so when I saw these I fell in love.


This was the first layout that I created. One of the new styles I have noticed in scrapbooking these days is the honey comb pattern.  Every manufacture has some paper in the lines that they create that has this look to it. This paper caught my eye as soon as I saw it!


While creating this layout I kept it very clean and simple! To add a little bit more detail I used the journaling words from Authentique to do my journaling. I have done this on a couple layouts and it takes forever to try to come up with your journaling but it looks amazing when your finished. I popped up my journaling because I thought it would stand out a little bit more.


When finishing up this layout I used more pop dots (one of my favourite scrapbooking things) and popped up my background pieces that I cut out of my pattern paper to give my layout more of a 3D effect so it didn't look so flat to that page.


My next layouts was one of my favourites.  I went with the clean and simple look again and I think it turned out great! I got some professional photos done from a friend that I went to school with and the pictures were perfect with this line! Most of them were in black and white so the colours really popped when I used them.


I have been stitching on almost every layout I have been creating the past little while so why not do it on this one? I cut out a couple hearts and popped them up with pop dots and stitched down the center with a contrasting colour.


The final touch to this layout were my butterflies. I love the look of butterflies on the layouts I have seen in magazines and I hadn't tried them until this layout. After seeing the way that they look I think all my layouts are going to have butterflies on them. I added little spools on the top of them and wrapped then with contrasting floss to add a little bit of colour and taaadaaaa!


My next layout was also really neat! I tried a bunch of new things while working with this paper so I really liked them all. This one had a couple of new things I have never done before and it turned out really well.


I used the Silhouette to cut out my title for my layout and it turned out really well.


I stitched a "rainbow" pattern on my layout to add a little more colour and a different effect. To finish off the "rainbow pattern"  I added matching brads around the outside. Then I cut out a couple clouds and popped them up to finish off my layout.


The last layout that I created was by far my favourite! I wont say much about this one because it will have its own blog post shortly.



The final project I made with my design team kit was this adorable card! I stitched again to create the circles on the background.  Then I cut out some butterflies and added a couple matching gems to finished the card off.


This new Echo Park line is in the store so stop by and check it out!  Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Tracey

Love your projects Amanda! You did an amazing job with this collection! Loving the stitching you did!!

Louise (Mamilou)

Great projects! Very interesting.... and lots of stitching... make your mom proud, I bet! LOL

Joanne

Great designs Amanda! You are doing such a wonderful job on the Design Team! Keep the great inspiration coming!
Joanne xo