Friday, August 31, 2012

Washi Tape!

This week over a Two Scrapbook Friends some of the design team members thought it would be fun to create some projects with washi tape.I absolutely love washi tape!! It is a really fun way to change things up on a project your creating. This is the layout that I created for the washi tape challenge.


The grey stripe in the middle of my layout was created using washi tape by My Minds Eye. I love their washi tape colours and selections. They all have such a unique texture to them and are a little bit transparent so you are able to tell the difference between the washi tape and the regular paper.


Again, in the picture below you are able to see more of the difference between just regular paper and the washi tape.


I added some stitching down the side of my layout to created more texture and to add some more colour.


My favourite aspect of my layout was my journaling strips. I used the Dymo label maker to emboss the strips of cardstock and then I sanded over top to have the core colour of the cardstock to show through. Then when I matted my journaling strips I used the washi tape that I had that went with the line I was using. Doing this took a little bit of extra effort but it was worth it in the end.


I added a couple last embellishments and that finished the page off.



Go stop by Two Scrapbook Friends to see what the other girls created with their washi tape.

1 comments:

Joanne

Great layout Amanda! Isn't it fun working with washi tape? I love how you combined it with your journaling. I will have to try that!
Joanne xo