Monday, October 29, 2012

October Crafty Challenge

Hello everyone!! It's time for another crafty challenge over on the Two Scrapbook Friends Forum. Since it's October I wanted to be a little bit creative with my challenge for you guys. I find I am not a huge fan of scrapbooking Halloween pictures because they are always so dark and its not really my favourite holiday. My challenge for you ladies is to use a Halloween themed line but create a layout without a Halloween theme. It took me quite a while to create the layout I made because I had to find the right paper to work with the photo I wanted to use. Below is the layout that I created based on my challenge.


For my title I used DIY Thickers from American Crafts. The DIY Thickers come plain with a sticker on the front and back and you are able to create your own letter. On this layout put black and orange glitter on the letters to create a different look.


For my journaling I used the Kraft Core paper and my Dymo Labeler to emboss the cardstock and then sanded my paper to show the core colour through. I thought by doing this is would do well with the "rough" theme I was going for.


My favourite aspect of my layout is the accordion folded strip of paper along the middle of my layout. I also used the Kraft Core cardstock and sanded the top of the paper to have the core colour show through. To finish off the accordion strip I added a little bit of pattern paper and a couple brads.


This weeks crafty challenge is a little bit different and more challenging then the previous ones I have come up with but I had alot of fun creating my layout. I would love to see all of the creations that you ladies come up with. Use you creativity and put your thinking caps on to see how you can stretch your imagination. Be sure to upload your creations to the Two Scrapbook Friends Forum and Layout Gallery.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Louise (Mamilou)

Wooo ooo.... cool challenge Amanda!

Missed you at the Retreat.... snifff...

Christa

Did I mention how much I love that pleated paper? I think I did! YOur design is lovely and very well designed!

Joanne

Great challenge Amanda! I love your layout and how you used the Dymo Labeler for your journaling!
Joanne xo