Friday, January 4, 2013

I love you..

Love..everyone has a different definition of it. Some people think love is the greatest thing in the world and others would rather do without it. Some people believe in love at first sight and others think its a load of crap. I am one of those girls who has always been on the fence with something like this. I have had "crushes" but I have never been in "love". At the time I thought it was "love" but looking back on my past I am embarrassed that I thought it was.

When I think of people in love I think of my parents. My parents couldn't be more perfect for each other. They treat each other with respect and value each others opinions. They work together as a team to get things accomplished, they never go behind each others back when doing something, and most of all they are honest with each other 100% of the time. My mom told me whenever I would have a breakup that a better guy will come along and everything will be fine. I would always just take her advice and walk away thinking "ya whatever there is no one better" 

I know i'm considered young being only twenty years old but there was a time about a year ago I thought I was going to just be single for the rest of my life. No guy was ever comparing to the standards that I had in set. They were either to self absorbed, cocky, a dork, not family oriented, and the list goes on and on. One day my best friend made me sign up for online dating..I know I had the same reaction. I thought it was the stupidest thing I had ever heard of in my life. Who seriously needed to be online to meet someone.. well I was one of them. At first I thought it was just a huge joke. But after being on there for a while I met a bunch of really nice people that I would consider friends. But out of all the people I met there was one who stuck out over every other people who messaged me.


This guys name was Matt. Matt and I had talked a couple times but I started to lose interest (i'm not sure why) and stopped talking to him. A couple weeks later I signed back on and saw his picture again and started talking to him. We made plans to meet up.. and I was such a chicken. I contemplated on going to meet him and finally one night I got the guts up to go and meet this so called amazing guy. Well I surprised myself. He was more amazing then I thought.


Two months later I have to admit I am probably the luckiest girl ever! Who knew you could meet your dream guy on online dating?  Well I did and I cant believe it. Matt is the most loving, kind, caring individual I have ever met in my life. He is constantly looking out for what's best for me and makes sure I am taken care of all the time.  He is the best thing I could have ever asked for. He couldn't have walked into my life at a more perfect time and I thank him for that.

People always say that you need to be 100% comfortable around the person you are with and I thought in the past I was with the people I was with but with Matt I could not be more myself (sometimes a little too much). When I am around Matt it doesn't matter what I look like, how i'm dressed, what I say or who i'm with he respects me for who I am. 

Matt and I have experienced bumpy paths just like every other relationship on this planet. We are going to have times where we disagree with each other and want to hurt each other but in the end we love each other.  The main thing is that we realize that we work so well together and stick with it. I cant even explain how happy I am that I met Matt. He has changed my life so much in such an amazing way.


Matt is away with work for about 8-10 days and i'm at home in an empty house all alone with the cat with memories of him all over. This 8-10 days is going to feel like forever but I cant wait for him to come home. I miss him already and I saw him about 12 hours ago. I am constantly thinking about what he is 
doing and if I am crossing his mind. I am hoping hes going to call me later so I can a least hear his voice.
For anyone who is reading this and doesn't believe in love.. hang in there.. I didn't and look what happened to me.. I met my dream guy. Its worth it to stick it out. For those of you who think that love is stupid and that there isn't a guy out there for you.. just wait it out. Rushing things just makes the wait feel longer and then you just get frustrated. Everyone has a prince charming out there in the world.. believe it or not. If you want to find him.. figure yourself out first and he will come and find you. Mine did, and I couldn't be happier. 



Amanda.xo




0 comments: