Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Growing up...

Growing up is a fact of life. When you were little you couldn't wait to be an adult and once you are grown up you wish you could go back to being a child. My parents used to tell me to cherish every single moment of my life because you could never get it back. I used to nod my head and continue on with my day. My parents also always said to me that when I was older I would look back and realize that they were right and they were just trying to help me prepare for my life ahead of me.


In two weeks I am going to be 21 years old. Crazy!! I know! Looking back on the life that I have experienced it honestly has gone so fast. I have experienced so many amazing moments in my life and I couldn't tell you my favourite. I have met so many amazing people who have touched my life in so many different ways and changed me into the person I am today I couldn't thank them enough.


I honestly cant believe I am going to be 21. In the past couple months I have moved out of my parents house and met an AMAZING guy. I'm sure if you have read my previous posts you have heard all about Matt. I could talk about that guy forever. He is  probably the best thing that has happened to me in a long time. Over the past year I have to say I have done alot of growing up, I have made alot of mistakes, gotten into arguments, experienced really exciting things, and also not so happy moments. While experiencing all of those I have learned alot about myself.

The one main thing that I have learned is that money really doesn't grow on trees and that when my parents said that when I was younger they were were completely honest that they didn't have an endless supply. I am starting to slowly realize that you need to really work for every single thing that you have/want in life. I have to say I was a very well off kid. My parents spoiled us all the time and I didn't realize that until I am no longer living at home and I'm starting to have to pay for things I never had to before and i'm also realizing how expensive things really are. 

Another thing I have learned is that your parents are always right. As much I hate saying those words they are one hundred percent true. All of the advice that my parents gave me and the rules they set in place for me as a kid are starting to pay off. One I still have trouble understanding is staying up too late. I have to work on that one still


My family and Matt are the most important things in my life right now and I honestly don't know what I would do without them in my life. They keep me on the right track. I know I'm far from perfect and I make many mistakes but these people love me no matter what. 

Growing up is scary, and not as fun as I thought. But some parts of it are pretty amazing! Being 21 means I am one step closer to more exciting moments of my life. and I cant wait to share these with the people I love. I am always pinning wedding and baby things on Pinterest and with growing up I will get to hopefully experiences those one day.   I'm sure everyone who reads this probably thinks my life is crazy and who seriously reflects on things like that. But when you really think about your life and how much it has changed in such a short amount of time you might do the same. 

What are some things your thankful for?

2 comments:

Anonymous

Great post. Growing up is one of the hardest journeys in life, yet so rewarding and such a blessing.
Happy early birthday, time flies.

Louise (Mamilou)

Very reflective post Amanda. Growing up is hard but the journey is worth it. It is great to see how much you appreciate your life so far. Your mom and dad should be proud! But don't grow up too fast though. You are still a baby. So young. Take care.