Monday, February 25, 2013

Photo 365 - Day 56

Most of you who read my blog probably already know I am doing photo 365. For people who don't know what that is I will fill you in. Photo 365 is documenting your life with a photo a day for a year. This photo can be anything you want just as long as you take a photo a day. Today my photo has a little bit of a description to it so I thought I would do a blog post about it because its kind of special.


Since I moved to Elora with Matt we have been on a few walks through the trail but with him being away with work we don't get to do it too often. Today we went out for a long walk because it was so mild. It was beautiful. As we were walking we passed this marker on the tree. The first thing that popped into my mind was my Grandpa. My Grandpa absolutely loved hiking. When we would go on hikes we would always learn about the markers on the trees and what they meant. My Gpa took us for hikes in Elora sometimes so it was nice to go back to revisit the memories. I miss you Gpa! Elora is just as beautiful as before.


Matt and I ventured all over the trails. They weren't very busy so it was kind of nice to have the time to ourselves. As we walked down this hill that is above it went down towards a slow part of the water and it was beautiful!


Down at the bottom of the hill was this huge rock that was hollowed out underneath that ad a bunch of ice on it. Of course we had to venture all over it. This is a photo of me sitting on the ice.. well my feet

                      

And this photo is of the entire view of the ice on the rock! It was crazy! I regret sitting on it now because for the rest of the walk my butt was all wet. But it was so much fun!


This photo is if you were sitting on the ice on the rock and looked out onto the water. There were two geese and two little ducks there the entire time just floating around. It was so peaceful down there.


As we continued on the trail as climbed up higher and got further away from the water. We would come to parts that you would be able to look through the trees and see the water and you would see things like this. All these ice waterfalls. It was really cool to see. 


Some parts were very snow covered and you wouldn't even know water was there and other parts the water was flowing like crazy. 
 

This was the last picture of our walk. I got Matt to take it of me so that I would be able to scrapbook this trip. I have a photo of Matt but he wouldn't let me put it up on my blog. I am still working on him with the photo thing.  He hates pictures.

Overall my favourite part of the walk today would be the marker on the tree and who it reminded me of. There are things that happen all the time that remind me of my Gpa and today was nice to see that. I will have to scrapbook that moment for sure!:)

Thanks for stopping by!!

Amandaaa:)