Sunday, August 18, 2013

A New Beginning

It has been a while since I have posted anything personal on my blog so I thought it was time to sit down and fill everyone in. I have been living in our new house in Elora now for just over a month and I have to admit I love it here. I do really miss our old house sometimes but the experiences I have had here and the new things that are around us make up for some of the things that we left behind.  My mom and I have done alot of exploring since moved here in July.


About three times a week we try to get out on our bike to bike the trails just around the corner from our house. We have seen so many amazing things that we would have never seen at our old house in Waterloo.


The trails are between a bunch of farm land so we get to see lots of farm animals and all of the beautiful scenery to go along with it. At first on our bike rides I was so amazed that we could walk up to cows and sit on straw bails and do all of these cool things that we never got to experience in Waterloo.


One of my favourite things about living in Elora so far is how beautiful it is. Its so peaceful and it amazes me that all of this is just around the corner from where I live. When my mom and I go for our adventures we always talk about how much my Grandpa would have loved to experience this all with us.


He loved hiking so much so experiencing all of this without him was kind of hard at first but now it is a special time for my mom and I to think back about all of the things that my Grandpa really enjoyed doing.


We have had a bunch of close family and friends come out and experience some of these fun adventures with us and they always tell us we picked an awesome spot to live.


I have always been very close to my mom but since we have moved I have found I am even closer with her. We have alot more time to spend together and the time that we spend together now seems more valuable to me. I always told people my mom was my best friend but I honestly don't know what I would do without her.   We have so much fun when we are together. I am having a lot of fun exploring and decorating the new house with her as well.


Moving to Elora has been an eye opener for me. I have been learning a lot of different things about me and my family and meeting new people. I can't wait to see what other adventures are coming out way!


Stay tuned for the next update!:)

1 comments:

JanR

Hey, I don't see my ds anywhere in your pic.....so how did you get up there? ;-)

I loved your post, Amanda. It was very sweet to hear about your Grandpa and how your relationship with your Mom is growing. And I loved the photos too! Glad to see your enjoying life away from the city. Next time you're up on a bale I bet you'll have a piece of straw hanging out of the corner of your mouth, just like the farmers do. ;-)